1. If you were not a musician, what else would you be, and why?
A bush pilot. Flying and the African bush – two of my favourite things in life.
2. What sparked your love of music?
Hard to pinpoint, but seeing Phil Collins live in SA when I was 11 must have played a big role in my playing drums.
3. What is the one thing you cannot live without?
Quietly watching the sun go down in the middle of remote Africa a few times each year.
4. What is your favourite track at the moment?
Wherever I go - OneRepublic
5. How did your musical journey start?
I organized drum lessons the moment I went to high school, without asking my parents, and came home to announce I was starting the drums.
Catch Monark perform a special 2 night performance at Cafe Roux on the 6 & 8th October. Dinner from 7pm and Show start at 8:30pm. Tickets can be purchased via webtickets online. www.caferouxsessions.co.za